Thursday, December 6, 2012

Muscle Love


My yoga instructor is an incredible, inspiring fifty-something Japanese woman that is about as hard core as they come. She also happens to teach a stellar spin class, and her legs...well, someday when I grow up I would weep with joy if mine could only look half as good as hers.  Sigh.

Anyway, I've been feeling pretty good about myself the last few classes as my balance improves (stayed upright for the entire tree pose today, thank you very much!), I'm becoming more flexible, and it seems I'm one of the few that can keep up with her- ignoring, of course, the minor detail that more than half the class qualifies for Sizzler's senior discount. 
Ahem, like I was saying, I've been thinking I was pretty cool... smooth...fancy pants on her way to Yoga Master status, etc.  That is, until Ryan showed me this video.  Of course, this was right after I suggested he maybe should come up with a few pretzel nicknames, you know... just to try 'em out in case we'd need to adopt one or two in the future.

Umm, yeah- Never Mind!

Despite the healthy dose of humility it delivered, I just can't get over the beauty of watching these two move.  Granted, I do feel as though I'm intruding a bit on a private moment, 
but I still can't bring myself to look away.
It's just gorgeous.

And good heavens, do I have a solid appreciation for 
this woman's core!





No comments:

Post a Comment