Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Little Mystery?


Oi with the colds and ear infections that have sapped our energy for the last week 
and thrown everyone around here off our game!

Thanks to Saturday pediatric clinics, the blessed soul who invented antibiotics, and a few solid nights' rest we are back in the saddle and ready (finally!) to invite one and all to join our 2013 Bookclub.

Ry and I decided that, in order to keep the love here at home, we would take turns choosing the book of the month-  much, much easier than an endless and heated debate on which would go first.
And guess who won the coin toss?
Boom, baby.

I don't know if its the bone-chilling weather or recently getting hooked on BBC's Sherlock, but I am hungry for a mystery lately.  And then I came to a startling realization the other day- 
I have never read an Agatha Christie novel!  
How is this possible?  I mean, she's the queen of mystery!
Just take a look at the cover if you don't believe me.




Therefore, without further ado (yeah, I've also been watching a lot of Shakespeare Retold lately), I invite you to make yourself a nice cup of something steamy, grab your coziest blanket, and snuggle up with this classic-   once the wee natives are in bed tonight I'll be joining you- and see whodunit.

Let's just plan to wrap it all up and re-convene Feb. 10th;  
not a full month, I realize, but I'm sure we won't need a full one with a page-turner like this!


Happy Reading!
(cue: creaking door and hollow footsteps on a wooden floor coming ever-closer)

5 comments:

  1. Oh! i remember enjoying this book in high school. I won't be joining you cuz I hardly have time to read scriptures, so I better not pick up any thing on top of what I can't do. But have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reserved it! Love a good mystery! The February book for the book club I go to was a bust so I'm looking forward to something good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Well, if you're a mystery fan you are going to LOVE this one! We just finished the other night and it was AWESOME! Can't wait to hear your take. ;)

    And Abby, I so look up to you for knowing when to say no. You are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of dying because our library moved, and is in a temporary location and it still isn't available, but I'll let you know once I get it read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I don't blame you for going nuts- we LIVE at the library! :) Well I hope you can find it soon- at any rate we'll be discussing this Sunday and getting geared up for a new book then too! :)

    ReplyDelete