Friday, August 16, 2013

Proud Mama


I'm walking through the grocery store the other day with my munchkins when Reese picks up a can of Chef Boyardee.  Now, if you know me well (or possibly at all), you most likely know my feelings about this particular brand and it touting itself as 'food'.  Disgust can't even begin to describe it.

Anyway, she holds the can to her ear, shakes it, and starts to giggle.  At this point she's got my attention, and I let my list take a breather while I look over to see what is so funny.

"Listen Mom,"  she calls out through her laughter, 'this dog food sounds SO silly when it wiggles!"

I completely erupt into giggles myself, and then grab her cute little face and plant a kiss on her cheek.  

"What'd I do?" she asks, confused but obviously pleased with herself.

"You're just so stinking smart and funny- and I'm the proudest mom ever!" I tell her with a big smile.  

I giggle through the rest of our shopping trip; this exchange just made my whole year.  
This mommy must be doing something right after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment