Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pure Childhood


I recently read a blogpost by my talented sister talking about how wonderful childhood is to photograph, how addictive it can be, and just how photogenic our kids are as opposed to us older ones who fix a fake smile on our faces when we see a camera & inevitably regret the forced results.

After a trip to the park the other night, I couldn't help but add my voice to hers-
kids are the BEST!

They run around with their hair blowing every direction, 
(Bad hair day?  Never heard of it!)
pretend to be ferocious animals guarding the train tracks, 
(Lions & tigers, and bears- oh my!)
and really plant one when told to 'give him a kiss!" 
("Honey, remember, he's your brother!")


Maybe that's why we need to become parents, 
to remember what it's like to leave all inhibition behind,
to turn sticks into bows and arrows,
and run like the devil's on our heels!
















































1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how darling these pics are... and your little intro. So true! Being a parent is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete